A. Medical Audit & Compliance
Our Medical Audit and Compliance division works with corporates to conduct billing and coding audit and compliance program reviews throughout physician practices and specialty healthcare services.
Audit reviews focus on identifying and correcting problem areas before commercial or government payers challenge inappropriate coding or documentation. In cases of under-coding we advice on how to recoup revenue and educate staff on rectifying the process going forward. As applicable, the targeted training and ongoing reviews are set up based on these findings to potentially prevent a costly and time-consuming third-party payer audit.
A sample of our specialty expertise includes:
- Physician Specialties and their related ASCs - e.g., Dermatology, GI, ENT/Allergy, Infusion, OBGYN, Oncology, Ophthalmology, Pathology, Podiatry, Physical/Occupational Therapy, Radiology, Urgent Care, Urology
- Dental specialties – Pediatric Dental, Orthodontics, Adult, and Oral Surgery
- Mental Health specialties – Autism, Behavioral Health, Substance Abuse, Intellectual/Developmental Disability
- Home Health, Hospice, and DME
B. Regulatory and Reimbursement Expertise for Strategic Planning
- Farragut delivers macro-political overviews and outlooks where our team presents key trends in healthcare and focused attention on each client’s marketplace. These meetings or conference calls, which can be combined with written reports, serve to review potential legislation and rulemaking provisions that are invaluable to near- and long-term planning strategies
- Our post-acquisition strategic advisory services include heat maps and data models to identify favorable markets for expansion and de novo targets, and commercial payor strategy planning
- Retainer clients typically receive annual or semiannual reports on reimbursement, regulatory, and legislative outlooks for their portfolio companies, and/or for complementary sectors. Farragut offers monthly check-in calls, as well as a set number or unlimited call arrangements where our analysts provide government and commercial payor reimbursement and regulatory outlooks by healthcare sector and specialty, down to the code, state, markets
- In addition to these ongoing policy deliverables, our corporate clients have regular access to our diligence team for deep dives into specific issues, or for clarification and guidance through a particular law or regulation, helping them cut through the media or lobbyist noise and identify impactful insights for action